Monday, January 26, 2009

car doc

Finding a trustworthy repair shop to take our cars to is always worth sharing. I think I found a great one. Sean (the owner) of Advantec in University Heights is one of those guys who tells you the cheapest way to fix something, the most thorough way to do it, and what he would do if it was his car. He seems super qualified, thrifty, honest, and personable. Plus his shop gets great write-ups on Yelp:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/advantec-auto-repair-san-diego

It's only my first repair there, but I'd definitely come back. And there's a great coffee shop (Twiggs) two doors with free wireless which isn't a bad place to hang out while they're working on your car!

2 comments:

Jon Hall said...

How funny. This is the place I took my mom's car. And yes, he did a great job. Answered all my questions well. Some back story on him... he's only been open to the public less than a year (or there abouts). For many years, he's been maintaining fleet vehicles (like ambulances for a local service). He kept having these customers, friends and others want to bring their personal cars to him, so he finally decided to open to the public.

Rob Yackley said...

I was wondering if it was the same place...good to hear. BTW, he actually charged me less than the estimate. How many times does that happen?!