Monday, January 18, 2010

The Garden ...




I read a great article in the LA Times this morning about the New Root's Community Farm that Michael Kolbas supports and cheers on through his work at the IRC.

The girls and I have been driving by the farm on Chollas Pkwy on the way to Emily's school for the past couple of months, I discovered the farm accidentally while trying to find a shortcut one day. I've been praying for the people working in the field as we pass it on Monday and Wednesday. I often wonder about their stories, how they came to be here in this little corner of San Diego and what their everyday lives are like. Thankfully this story gave me a little peek into that.

And since nature it was one of the topics at last night's discussion, I found it very encouraging to see how God's creativity with nature can bring people from such diverse cultures together.

No comments: